Tapioca/Sweet potato is quite sweet. I normally used to not like sweet potato until I got to know the health benefits of this veggie. Again eating bland was not an option for me. So, I tried this vegan/ gluten free , healthy, tasty and simple dish and instantly fell in love with the vegetable.
To subscribe for my videos click
For step by step process watch the video
Lets understand how to make this tasty dish
- Tapioca – 1
- Potato – 1 (optional)
- Cabbage – finely chopped – 2-3 spoons
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Mint leaves and coriander leaves – finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Dry mango powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt – according to taste
- Baking soda – optional – 1 pinch
Step 1: Pressure cook tapioca and potato for about 4-5 whistles. Peel off the skin and mash them very well
Step 2: Add finely chopped cabbage, onion ,mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli and mix well
Step 3: Add dry masala powders (red chilli powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and garam masala powder and mix well).
Step 4: Add corn flour, baking soda a pinch (optional) and mix well.
Step 5: Add this mixture in paddu stand. I used this so that it cooks well on all the sides with minimal oil. You can alternatively make this on a pan/ grill them also.
Step 5: Savour them along with ketchup/green chutney