I learnt this recipe from a Kashmiri friend. This was one of the best paneer gravies I ate till date. So try this and enjoy.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Please view the video to check step by step process
- Paneer cubes – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 2 spoons
- Salt – as required
- Cooking oil – 3-4 spoons
- Jeera/ Saunf – 1/2 tea spoon each
- Mixed whole spices (Cloves, cinnamom, black and green cardamom, pepper corns)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Tomatoes – 4 medium sized ( Blanched)
- Onion – 1 medium – sliced
- Kasuri Methi – 2 spoon
- Coriander leaves – chopped
- Sugar – 1 tea spoon ( to break the taste of tomato sourness)
Step 1: In a vessel take water. Once its starts to boil, add red chilli powder and salt. Add paneer and cook for about 2-3 minutes so that paneer gets a flavour of red chilli powder and salt. Then shallow fry these blanched paneer cubes in 1-2 teaspoon of oil.
Step 1: Blanch tomatoes and make a puree of the same.
Step 3: Take a wok and add about 3 spoons of oil. Once the oil is hot add jeera, saunf, mixed spices. Saute them for a minute until these spices give out a great aroma.
Step 4: Then add ginger garlic paste and onion and saute till onion turns translucent.
Step 5: Add the tomato puree, red chilli powder, salt as required, sugar and kasuri methi (one by one ) and saute it for 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Finally add the paneer cubes and coriander leaves and serve hot.