Normally all of us love aloo tikki chat. But I wanted to make this a healthier one. So replaced potato tikki with Kabul chana tikki and it turned out to be quite a yummy one. Try it now.
Watch the video to know the step by step process. Read the blog to not miss out on anything.
Ingredients for tikki :
- Cooked Kabul Chana – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 1
- Coriander leaves – 1 sprig
- Lemon juice
- Salt – for taste
- Hing – 1 generous pinch
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garam masala
- Green chutney
- Oil for shallow frying
Step 1: Soak Kabul chana for 2-3 hours and pressure cook them for about 20 minutes. Then once the chana is cool add coriander leaves, green chilli , lemon juice, salt, hing and blend it into a coarse paste.
Step 2: Refrigerate this mixture for about an hour. Add Garam masala, onion and green chutney to this and make patties/tikki out of this mixture. Coat them with corn flour/bread crumbs.
Step 3: Shallow fry them in a pan
- Onion -1 finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 finely chopped
- Green chutney – 2 spoon
- Sweet chutney – 1 -2 spoon
- Sev – 1 spoon
- Coriander leaves – finely chopped
How to make green chutney?
- Grind pudina/mint leaves, green chilli, lemon juice and salt with little or no water in a blender
How to make sweet chutney?
- Soak tamarind, dates and one spoon of jaggery in water for about 1/2 an hour. Mash all of them and strain out the juice. Put them on a stove and add finely chopped ginger , crushed jeera and saunf. Let it thicken and sweet chutney is ready to use.
Place the tikkis/patties on a serving plate. Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chutney, curd, sweet chutney, sev and coriander leaves and serve them 😀